Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays as a forward for Serie A club Juventus and captains the Portugal national team. Below are 8 solid facts that will amaze you about Cristiano Ronaldo according to Sporf.
- Ronaldo recently bagged his 700th professional goals for both club and country. The implication is that if a player scored 40 goals for the next 15 seasons, he or she would be 100 goals shy of Ronaldo’s record. Classic!
- Ronaldo can reach up to 78cm when jumping, 7cm higher than an average NBA player.
- Ronaldo has 15 more goals than the total goal scored by Portugal’s second and third highest goal-scorers, Pedro Miguel (Pauleta) and Eusebio de Silva.
- Ronaldo is the most liked page on Facebook with 122 million likes. He is also the most followed page on Instagram with 186 million followers. His total followers over all social media platforms is 388 million. According to Buzz Bingo, a UK online bingo site, Ronaldo makes more money as an instagram influencer than as a player. He earns 30 million Euros per year from the Serie A club, Juventus but makes 43 million Euros from his photo and video sharing App.
- At 15, Ronaldo was diagnosed with a heart condition called Racing heart. He had an operation that used a laser to cauterise the area and the operation enabled him to carry on training and playing football.
- Ronaldo amazingly lifts around 23,055kg every training session which is a total of 16 Toyota Prius Car.
- In 2011, Cristiano Ronaldo was awarded the golden boot after scoring 40 goals under Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid. Surprisingly, he auctioned the boot for 1.2 million Euros and then put the money he got towards building a number of schools in the Gaza strip located on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Ronaldo’s freekick can reach up to 81 miles per hour.