Flag bearers of Nigeria’s frontline political parties are due to participate in the final rounds of the Nigerian Elections Debate Group’s Presidential Debate slated for today March 22, 2015.
Thirteen candidates are scheduled to take part in the two-session event commencing at 12 noon local time (11.00 hours GMT) at the International Conference Centre Abuja.
The schedule for the First Session taking place between 12 noon and 2.00pm is as follows:
CANDIDATE POLITICAL PARTY
1. Tunde Anifowose Kelani Action Alliance
2. Ganiyu Galadima Allied Congress Party of Nigeria
3. Mani Ibrahim Ahmed African Democratic Congress
4. Rafiu Salau Alliance for Democracy
5. Ayeni Musa Adebayo African Peoples Alliance
6. Sam Eke Citizens Popular Party
7. Ambrose Albert Owuru Hope Democratic Party
Second session (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
1. Muhammadu Buhari All Progressives Congress *
2. Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya KOWA Party
3. Martin Onovo National Conscience Party
4. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Peoples Democratic Party
5. Godson Mgbodile Okoye United Democratic Party
6. Chekwas Okorie United Progressive Party
*The All Progressives Congress had not confirmed whether its candidate would attend the debate at the time of this report.
The event will be broadcast live by major radio and TV stations in Nigeria and will also be streamed live online.