WOMAN’S STOMACH EXPLODES AFTER EATING TOO MUCH
In a bizarre incident, the stomach of a Chinese woman who ate and drank too much, exploded while she was being operated on.
The 58-year-old woman was hospitalised after she developed severe abdominal swelling due to excessive eating and drinking, state-run China News Service reported.
During the operation, fire broke out when the gas burst out of her abdomen.
The surgeons had to remove her entire stomach, the report quoted Wang Hao, a doctor at the Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital in Jiangsu province as saying.
Wang said the incident occurred when the ethyl alcohol in the patient’s stomach came in contact with the electric surgical knife.
“Normally, people will stop eating when they feel full. However, drinking alcohol during a rich meal can make people ignore their body’s signals, and they eat too much,” he said.
Chinese celebrated their week-long New Year also known as the Spring Festival this week during which people eat and drink heavily at the family get-togethers.
Source: THE TIMES OF INDIA